- You have the right to stop driving at any time.
- You have the right to cancel rides for passengers who did not pay on time.
- You have the right to refuse to transport any animals your passengers bring along, including but not limited to dogs and cats.
- You have the right to request that your passengers stop performing distracting activities.
- You have the right to kick out any passenger at any time for any reason. Note that you must report this incident and return their fare if you do so.
- You have the right to remain in your vehicle at any time unless instructed to leave by authorities.
- You have the right to direct passengers to this very page, where they can see the rules and rights you have as a driver for the platform.
- You have the right to talk to others (including other drivers) about your pay, fees, and other expenses & income relating to GogoDoggo.
- You have the right to file a complaint with us about any passenger for any reason.
- You have the right to break any rules described below (other than legally enforced ones) to avoid any situation you deem dangerous to your health or the health of others. Report these incidents if they happen.
When you become a driver, you will also be invited to the GogoDoggo Driver Chat, where you may talk to other drivers and staff about any specific incidents or questions you may have.As a driver, you must obey these rules at all times:
- Obey all traffic laws, including but not limited to speed limits, stop signs, red lights, lane markings, seatbelt use, and cell phone use.
- Treat your passengers as if they were the ones driving you next.
- Use preferred gender pronouns for your passengers if they request.
- Use your phone as little as necessary to perform your duties. Texting, using apps other than GogoDoggo or mapping applications, or taking calls while transporting passengers is not allowed unless it is an emergency.
- Respect every passenger's personal space and right to silence.
- Respect every passengers' ears and lower your volume if they want it lowered. Remember that they are paying you for this trip.
- Keep conversations between you and your passengers private, unless you have reason to believe they may be intending to commit a crime. Report this incident.
- Immediately drop off any passenger whenever safe to do so if they ask to leave your vehicle. Report this incident.
- Do not contact your passengers after the ride unless they provide a method of contact to you first. Providing any method of contact to your passengers without first being asked is also not allowed. This includes any form of social media, SoundCloud, YouTube, or any other mobile or web app.
- Arrive on time for booked rides you have chosen to complete.
- Wait at least 90 seconds at a pickup location if your passengers are not already there. After 90 seconds you may cancel the ride.
- Do not drive any vehicle that has not been manually approved for use by GogoDoggo staff.
- Report any traffic accidents, traffic stops or other incidents you may be involved in while driving for GogoDoggo.
Breaking many of these rules is a bannable offense. Remember that when you drive you are representing GogoDoggo, and it is critical that our passengers enjoy the service we provide.
Driving under the influence (even while not driving for GogoDoggo) will result in an immediate ban from the app and one hundred (100) free tokens for whichever person reports you to us.
Note that GogoDoggo retains all rights to remove you from the app, at any time, for any reason.
Any questions, suggestions, or complaints about the rules can be sent through the Contact tab.